• Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
• Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
• Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
• Participate in all strategic financial.
• Ensure compliance with internal control policies.
• Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
• Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report.
• Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions.
• Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
• Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses.
• Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
• Work with Audit and Tax from Malaysia Government bodies to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report.
• Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget.
• Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes.
• At least Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
• At least 3 – 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• To have strong theoretical and financial reporting standards.
• IT literacy is required for this position.
• Highly committed and able to work independently within tight deadlines.
• Meticulous and adaptive to changes.
• Experience in multi trading export and import industry would be an added advantage.